Use the links below to learn about other organizations who are doing everything from handing out emergency food to addressing the bigger issue of eliminating poverty.
- Guelph & Wellington Task Force for Poverty Elimination
- Guelph Wellington Dufferin Food Access Guide (pdf)
- Guelph-Wellington Furniture & Household Goods Access Guide
- North End Harvest Market
- Guelph Community Health Centre
- Hope House
- Salvation Army Community & Family Service
- Immigrant Services Guelph – Wellington
- Guelph Wellington Local Immigration Partnership
- HERE 24Seven – call 1-844-437-3247
- Stepping Stone
- PIN [People and Information Network]
- United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin
- The Seed
At Chalmers Community Services Centre, we are committed to more than providing emergency food to people in need. We are also working to address key issues which contribute to poverty in our community. Education is one of the most powerful tools we can use to start the process of changing how things are. Below you will find a list of books, videos and other resources which will help inform you about the complicated dynamic surrounding poverty and related issues. We will be adding to this list regularly.