Welcome to Chalmers Community Services Centre!
Welcome to Chalmers Community Services Centre (CCSC)! Whether you are in need or wish to give back to your community, you’ve come to the right place. CCSC offers food, clothing, diapers, bedding, sundry household items and mending to vulnerable people experiencing insecurities in our community. We collaborate with other organizations to work on the larger issue of poverty that leads people to need our services.
OUR VISION: A WORLD WITHOUT POVERTY, WHERE COMMUNITIES ARE FLOURISHING WITH DIGNITY, EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY FOR ALL
In light of the recent coronavirus outbreak, we are making a few changes to our services to keep both our guests and volunteers safe.
- All Cafes are canceled until further notice
- Food pantry services will remain open at both our downtown and WEST locations at regularly scheduled times
- Guests are asked to wait OUTSIDE of the building and practice social distancing. Our volunteers will bring food to you at your turn.
- Guests are asked NOT to bring their own bags to carry food home in. Guests will receive their food pre-packed by our volunteers in a new plastic bag
- Guests are now free to access our Food Pantry ONCE PER WEEK
For NON-GUESTS: We ask that you please consider our community’s most vulnerable during these unpredictable times. For many, visiting Chalmers to receive food is an absolute necessity. At this time, we are asking for financial donations only to reduce the amount of traffic to our locations and potential contamination.
Downtown Location: 41 Macdonell St. Guelph, ON N1H 2Z4
WEST Location: 577 Willow Rd. Guelph, ON N1H 7H3 – The portable behind the church